30 May 30 Before 30 Update // 12 Months Left!
Okay, I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus from posting for a few weeks to rest and focus on my family and friends! There’s been so much to celebrate this month, one of those things being my birthday!
I turned 29 two weeks ago and I spent the day with my family doing all the things I love! This birthday is an interesting one, for sure… I’m starting my final year in my twenties. That’s so weird to say. On the one hand, saying 29 surprises me… I feel like I’m actually older than that number. Then, on the other hand, I look at 29 with a bit of disbelief that I am that old… as if it takes me by surprise a bit! I’m actually quite excited to get to my thirties, believe it or not! However, I want to make the most of my youth and my twenties and I want to go out with a bang, so to say.
6 months ago, I posted my 30 Before 30 List… My ‘Big Girl Bucket List’ so to say. My goal is simple. I’d like to complete 30 specific things before I turn 30. I’m doing my first 6 month check in, so here it goes, here are the items I’m either currently working on or have already completed! Click here to see the full list.
My 30 Before 30 Bucket list:
- Try 10 new workout studios [1/10–Beyond500, 2/10–Social Mechanics, 3/10–V12 Yoga, 4/10–FITNZ, 5/10–Vital Fitness, 6/10–Zyn22, 7/10–SoulCycle, 8/10–Vive Personal Training, 9/10–WeYogis, 10/10–CycleBar] I’ve done it!! I can’t wait to try out more!
- Go on 18 dates with F So far, we’ve been able to go on one each month, so we’re right on track!
- Go on 10 dates [of the 18 above] doing something we’ve never done before We’ve been bowling, we’ve celebrated our anniversary by watching our rehearsal dinner video and eating somewhere new, we’ve ridden a ferris wheel and we even turned our drive to Waco into a “stop at all the random tourist sights on the highway” road trip!
- Read 3 books for fun Just started reading “Nothing to Prove” by Jennie Allen
- Go on a trip just as a couple We just got back from Oklahoma!! Check that one off!
- Go to Vegas [April 2017] Check this one off the list! I went on a work trip in April!
- Write 2 devotionals [1/2–A Proverbs A Day] Halfway there!
- Read the entire Bible front to back I’m 6 months into the One Year Bible Challenge with my church. This has TRANSFORMED my life, y’all. I highly suggest it!
- Redesign and Rebrand The H is For… [Rebranded: 12/9/16] [Redesigned: 1/16/17] This has been so much fun to do!
- Coordinate and execute 5 styled shoots [1/5–Halloween Party] [2/5–Spring Cleaning eBook shoot] I need to get to work on this!
- Go to 5 concerts [3/5–Coldplay, Adele, Ray Johnston Band] I need to make these happen more often!
- Throw 5 parties at my home [1/5–NYE Party] [2/5–B’s 2nd Birthday] I have some SERIOUS work to do on this section…
- Take B on a mommy-son date 18 times So far, we’ve done one date a month! We’ve drawn Thanksgiving turkeys over Mexican food, gone out for ice cream (twice), visited the Magnolia Silos, picnicked in the park, dyed Easter eggs and took a pajama trip to the doughnut shop!
- Give B a playroom [1/19/17] This was a ton of work, but has been a GLORIOUS addition to our home!
- Potty train B This is currently happening!
- Get B into a good preschool program DONE! We spent the night outside of the church to get him into the program! I’m glad this box has been checked!
So that’s it. That’s my 30 before 30 update! I have one year left to complete the list and, so far, I’m doing pretty good! This 30 before 30 challenge has already been so much fun! Do you have have a Big-Girl Bucket List? If so, share it with me! I’d love to see what you want to accomplish!