21 Dec Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese // Paleo Recipe
When you’re Paleo [that is Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free and Grain-Free], the holidays can provide a bit hard to eat through! Christmas parties are full of sugar, grains, dairy and processed yummies galore and it’s not easy saying ‘no’ when the season has such a festive feel of celebration! Last year, I decided to figure out a way to make fun, holiday party appetizers that don’t go against my nutritional needs. That’s where these Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese came into play!
There’s something about these that look really fancy, like you’re a highfalutin master chef hostess with the mostest… like “Oh, yes… try some dates. They’re positively laahhv-lie this time of year! Oh yes… they’re hand-stuffed with real goat cheese…” They totally come across that way. But guess what? This recipe is actually SUPER easy to make! That’s a win, win! This is an easy way to get that protein in first! Eating protein first can actually help keep you from gaining weight during the holidays! You can find that tip, this recipe and so much more in my Free Holiday Survival Guide ebook, “Living Well This Christmas Season.”
So, serve up these Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese! They’re easy to make AND they’re healthy AND they make you look like a SUPER CHEF EXTRAORDINAIRE!
BACON-WRAPPED DATES WITH GOAT CHEESE
Prep Time: 15 minutes // Total Time: 25 minutes // Serves: 24 appetizers
Here’s what you need:
12 slices of uncooked bacon
24 whole dates
1 small log of goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Using a paring knife, cut a line down the center of the dates, length-wise and remove the pits.
- Fill a small spoonful of goat cheese and, using your hands, stuff the cheese into the dates until all 24 are full.
- Microwave the bacon for 2-3 minutes [you may have to do several rounds of bacon in the microwave, as you’ll need to lay the bacon in individual strips on a plate prior to microwaving]
- Cut the bacon strips half, width-wise to create shorter pieces
- Wrap individual dates in the half-strips of bacon, using a toothpick to secure it where the two ends overlap.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, turning the dates over half-way through
- Let cool a bit and enjoy!