22 Jul Recipe // Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Happy Hump-Day, Everyone!
Today, I’m sharing a recipe for some yummy paleo chocolate chip cookies! They are so yummy and really hit the spot as far as paleo dessert go. Even though it doesn’t matter to me, I need to say that these cookies tend to fall apart [not in a dry way] and are hard to eat just as a grab-and-go. When I serve these, I like to place them at the bottom of a bowl and top with a scoop of Coconut Bliss Ice Cream [it’s paleo]! That way you can eat it with a spoon and you don’t have to worry about a mess.
A few weeks ago I served them when some girlfriends came over in the afternoon. I had them out with some Hibiscus Sangria Iced Tea. It made for a fun, summer tea party of sorts and we all had a great time!
PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Prep Time: 5 mins // Cook Time: 8-10 mins // Yields: 12 cookies
Here’s what you need:
1 & 1 /4 cups of Almond Flour [I used Bob’s Red Mill, but the texture of the cookie wasn’t ideal. It tasted amazing, but didn’t hold up like a cookie]
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips [I always add more]
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the almond flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, blend together the coconut oil, cinnamon, honey and vanilla and coconut extracts
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir
- Using a spoon, scoop the dough out and use your hands to roll the scoop into a ball.
- Place the balls in equally spaced rows on a baking sheet lined with foil. [Make sure you space them out! The cookies WILL spread]
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
I originally used to make these with pieces of bacon in them too. If you’d like to use bacon, cut the chocolate chips amount in half and replace with bacon pieces [that you made and crumbled yourself, the pre-bought ones won’t be nitrate/nitrite free].
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it!