19 Dec Paleo Cranberry and Sage Buffalo Meatballs // Recipe
When you’re Paleo [that is Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Sugar-Free], the holidays can be a bit hard to eat through! Christmas parties are full of sugar, grains, dairy and processed yummies galore and it’s not easy saying ‘no’ when the season has such a festive feel of celebration! Last year, I decided to figure out a way to make fun, holiday party appetizers that don’t go against my nutritional needs. That’s where these Paleo Cranberry and Sage Buffalo Meatballs came into play!
This appetizer is both filling and healthy, which will give you and your guests a chance to fill up on something wholesome before hitting the treats! Remember that doing just that is one of my top tips for staying healthy during the Christmas Season. You can find that tip, this recipe and so much more in my Free Holiday Survival Guide ebook, “Living Well This Christmas Season.”
PALEO CRANBERRY AND SAGE BUFFALO MEATBALLS
Prep Time: 15 minutes // Total Time: 30 minutes // Serves: 12-16 meatballs
Here’s what you need:
1 lb. ground buffalo
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup chopped onion [one small onion]
⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp sage, chopped
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Once oil is hot, sauté the chopped onion for 2 mins until softened.
- Toss in garlic, parsley and sage, give it two good stirs and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Add in the onion mixture and stir until well blended.
- Taking a large spoonful of the meat mixture, roll the spoonful into a ball. Repeat until all the meat is rolled, making sure all the meatballs are uniform in size/diameter.
- Drizzle the meatballs with a bit of olive oil, and bake 15 mins.
I wish you a very Happy and Healthy Christmas!