11 May Recipe // Paleo Egg McMuffins
Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. If I had it my way, I would sit down and slowly enjoy a breakfast of champions every morning for a good hour. I’d read and relax and enjoy my morning in the calm and quiet, eating my favorite foods.
But, as a working mom, mornings pretty much the opposite of that scene. I’m usually running out the door at the last minute with a crying baby, so thinking about my breakfast is usually not top priority. In order to make sure I actually get some nutrients in the morning, I make all my breakfasts for the week on Sunday night. Today, I’m sharing that recipe with you!
These are what I like to call my PALEO EGG MCMUFFINS:
- 2 16oz Boxes of Liquid Egg Whites [I use the 365 Organic Brand]
- 2 Boxes of Applegate Organics Turkey Breakfast Sausage links **You will use 12 links, so this ensures you will have enough
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray [I use the 365 Organic Brand]
- A muffin pan
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray the muffin pan with the coconut oil spray
- Pour 3 Tbs on the liquid egg whites into each muffin hole
- Microwave the 12 sausage links until they are easy to cut into
- Cut the links into 3 pieces each. Place 3 cut pieces into each muffin hole
- Salt and pepper each muffin hole to taste
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden at the tops
Once they’ve cooled a bit, they’ll easily pop out and you can store them in your fridge for the week. I take 2-3 of these in a plastic baggy to school with me and heat them up when I’m ready to eat.
Also, these are SO YUMMY on top of sweet potatoes! If you’re not counting your macros, make yourself a paleo breakfast bowl by tossing two of these onto baked sweet potatoes and add some avocado. You’re welcome.