21 Sep Whole Life Challenge – What is it?
Well, I had fun this summer. I ate what I wanted, drank more than I should’ve and stayed home and snuggled with B instead of hitting the gym as hard as I could’ve. And let me be honest… Remember all that good progress I made with my post-baby body through counting my macros? Well, I pretty much undid it all… yeah.
This week is the officially start of Fall… It’s my favorite season and I love getting back into the rhythm of school, so it’s the perfect time to start something new. Allow me to introduce my next healthy-living initiative… The Whole Life Challenge!
The Whole Life Challenge brings together the practice of 7 Healthy Life Habits over 8 weeks into a team-oriented, game-like competition that incorporates accountability through a social media-esque platform! Each healthy habit gets you one point for the day, totaling 13 points total. Once the day is over, each participant logs their score into their online account, where they can see their progress in comparison to others. It’s supposed to be a challenge that helps you transform your life in multiple ways and help you take the first step in transforming your overall lifestyle into a healthier one.
What are the 7 Healthy Habits of the Whole Life Challenge?
- Nutrition. F and I signed up under the Performance Level, which means we’ll be sticking to a
- Exercise. In this challenge, participants agree to get up and move for at least 10 minutes each day. F and I will be doing our normal Crossfit workouts, plus, I’m starting something I never thought I’d do in a million years… [see below for details].
- Mobility. In this challenge, participants agree to at least 10 minutes of daily mobility and stretching.
- Supplementation. Taking a daily supplement of your choice.
- Hydration. Participants agree to drink half their body weight in ounces of water daily.
- Lifestyle Practice. Each week, the challenge gives you a weekly lifestyle practice to put into place for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Reflection. Looking back, looking inward, or looking forward, daily reflection draws your awareness to what is working and what needs your attention today.
My CrossFit gym has entered the competition as a team, which has been fun because most of my friends are doing the challenge too.
So, for all of you who need some entertainment to follow over the next few weeks, I’ll be giving y’all an update on how the Whole Life Challenge is going… I’ll make sure and add some helpful hints, recipes and tips for those of you who are participating in the challenge too!
This should be an adventure…